Soft Pumpkin Dog Treat Recipe
Who doesn’t love soft and chewy cookies? Our senior dogs do, which is why we made this Soft Pumpkin Dog Treat Recipe.
Does your pupper have problems with his teeth? Then this Soft Pumpkin Dog Treat Recipe is perfect for you. As our dogs get older, you may notice that your dog shies away from food such as kibble. It may be hard for them to chew. It’s time to start feeding your senior pooch softer food. These homemade treats only have four ingredients, and one of them is pumpkin puree, which is amazing for digestion. Give them a try and let us know how your dog likes them.
Makes about 45 cookies
3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/2 cup applesauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir egg, applesauce, and pumpkin together. Add flour and mix until all the flour is incorporated.
3. Dust the counter with flour and knead the dough to make sure it is uniform.
4. Lightly spray a rolling pin with oil, then roll out dough to approximately ¼ inches and cut out treats using cookie cutter.
5. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour.
7. Store treats in airtight bags or containers and keep in refrigerator or freezer.
Amy Tokic, Editor of wdreview.com, is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).
More by Amy Tokic