Apple Ginger Muffin Dog Treat Recipe
Want to fill your home with the scents of apple, ginger, and cinnamon? Our Apple Ginger Muffin Dog Treat Recipe is better than a scented candle.
Muffins sure do hit the spot. Big or small, this Apple Ginger Muffin Dog Treat Recipe makes for a tasty treat for a job well done. Ginger is known to settle an upset stomach, prevents nausea and aids digestion. And if your pooch tends to get car sick, a little ginger can go a long way – good thing these muffins are compact and are easy to pack!
Makes about 20 muffins
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup chopped apples
¼ cups apple sauce
2 cups water
¼ tsp vanilla extract
4 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray muffin tins with oil.
2. In a large, bowl mix water, apple sauce, vanilla, egg, and honey together with a whisk.
3. Combine whole wheat flour, cinnamon, ginger, and baking powder and stir into wet ingredients.
4. Fold in chopped apples.
5. Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins.
6. Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes
7. Remove from oven and let cool on cooling racks.
8. Place treats in an airtight containers and store in refrigerator or freezer.
Amy Tokic, Editor of wdreview.com, is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).
More by Amy Tokic